Museology: Lina López
Golden treasury room
● Concept and design of exhibition halls (partition, materials, colors, museographic script and curatorship).
● Showcase and display devices design.
● Showcase setup and layout design.
● Ambient and layout lighting design.
● Signage and graphics design.
The museum has been under renovation for several years, and in June 2011, one part of the museum’s exhibition halls reopened to the public. During that period Lina López was in charge to organize the exhibitions of the gold collection in France. Later it was commissioned to realize Museography and permanent installation of the collection: The Golden treasury room.
The exhibition presents three periods development in the history of Georgian goldwork, from the 3rd century to the 4th century BC. One of the greatest attractions of the collection are the pieces from Vani, territory of the ancient kingdom of Colchis, the land of the Golden Fleece.